Friday, July 27, 2012

Things I Do Not Know

Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit such things in an open forum, but my goodness, you guys already know so much about me, it seems silly to hide this. 

There are things I do not know.  Things I cannot comprehend.  Things I've not learned.  Things I may never, ever know. 

We were at Science World on Monday where they had this amazing Leonardo da Vinci exhibit.  Foolishly, I expected a whole bunch of art paintings on the wall, and was kind of thinking, "hmpf, we've all seen art..."  Now, I did (thankfully) know that Leo painted this...

image via wikipedia
...but I had absolutely no idea that he was a genius, years and years beyond his time.  His drawings show that he understood concepts that were completely unheard of in his day.  He essentially invented the first helicopter, scuba diving suit, and army tanks on paper hundreds of years before they were put into use.  I walked through the gallery in absolute awe.

Math, I will never understand.  I spent years and years learning it, of course, but I have never had to use cos or sine, and I've never had to find X or Y.  Anything I cannot add with my fingers or in my head, I pull out my trusty iPhone and mutter to myself about wasted years in high school giving myself a headache trying to learn nonsense in Mrs. Brooks class.  This...
...is gibberish to me.  It makes my head hurt just trying to figure out what they're trying to do there, let alone determine the answer. 

The Hubble Telescope blows my mind.  I mean, how is it even possible that they've been able to use a telescope to look back in time?  Or look lite (light??) years ahead in time?  That is crazy right there, crazy in a telescope. 

They have found scrolls from thousands of years ago.  This makes me question two things...1) how could they have been preserved all these years so we can read and piece together accurate historical data as though we were there and 2) who's job is it now to write down everything that's happening for people 2000 years from now?  And how well does that job pay?  Because I might be interested...

One final thing for today...as you can see my blog has been once again changed.  I get bored so easily and I'm looking for something simple, yet bold.  Chic, yet cool.  I found this awesome website, called wwwblogskins.com where they create these amazing blog templates that you can *cut and paste* into your blog.  *Cut and paste* makes it sound easy, but it's really not.  I couldn't even figure out how to add my blog title to the dang thing.  And I will never know how a whole bunch of << >>'s put together will ever make an amazing blog.  WTF is a HTML anyway?  If you think you're a smarty pants and can figure it out, I highly recommend this site.  It is crazy awesome! I have settled for a design that blogger provides and it's not so bad, but it doesn't have those clicky tag things that take you to other fabulous corners of my blog world.  If anyone out there wants to design me a website for free, well...that is something I can understand.  Until then, this is what we are left with.

Oh, wait...there is one more thing I don't understand.  I mean, I can't even touch my toes with my knees bent.

image via pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment