Monday, May 23, 2011

Where Have YOU Been?

Have you missed me?  I know I've been absent from the blogging world for practically the whole month of May.  I wish I could say that it's because I've been vacationing in the south of France and the Internet connection there is horrible, but the wine is fabulous!  Or that the weather here in Vancouver has been so balmy, we've spent every waking moment at the beach.

No, no it's raining here.  Except when I'm at work...then it's gorgeous, but then it rains. 

Instead, we've moved into our new home.  This in itself is super wonderful because we don't have that horrible woman down stairs making our lives miserable, and Q can be a normal 6 year old and jump if he so chooses (and he does choose to, often, in fact...) but unpacking has taken up valuable blogging time.  I still can't find my flip flops, though, and the garage is not so much a garage but a storage room for boxes...and we've been living there almost a month.  I have, however found at least one mouse (alive) and a colony of ants in the kitchen, so that's exciting...isn't it?

But I've also been working 6 days a week.  I'm not the type to take overtime.  I'm of the mind that my son is 6 only once, and I'd rather spend that time with him than make $60/hour.  Money is just money, but time goes by sooooooo fast and you can't get it back, ever.  So I always decline the overtime at work.  Unfortunately, two co-workers are off on sick leave, one co-worker is two weeks into the job, one co-worker is fairly *in my opinion* inept, and so that leaves three of us doing the job of the required six.  I'm also junior in seniority, so if everyone else says *no* to over time, I am forced to come in.  And by forced, I don't mean they come and take me at gun point and hand cuff me to my desk.  It's just implied that they would look at me with their hands on their hips and a frown on their face.  Not one to disappoint, I have for the past month been working 6 days per week.  Two more weeks of 6 and then one week off!  But the point is that I am so exhausted.  A girl needs her beauty rest.  Given the opportunity to blog or see my child or sleep, unfortunately lately I've chosen the latter two.

Remember how last month I was dying with strep throat?  Ya, well evidently my immune system needs a bit of a boost because one day I was fine, and the next I was knocked to the ground with this cold that came out of nowhere.  We all know I couldn't call in sick due to the already supervisor shortage, so I had to suffer through a week and a half of dying from the cold virus.  I literally came to work with a roll of toilet paper (Charmin, cuz it's just so darn soft!) in one hand and Advil cold n sinus in the other. 

Okay, so I've been busy.  But I'm back.  There are still boxes in the garage and overtime on Fridays, but I miss you guys.  I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment