Wednesday, April 6, 2011

'Q'-isms

When Q was much younger (oh, he is growing so, so fast) he would say that he wanted to marry me.  He would say I was his girlfriend.  He hasn't said either in a while.  And you know, a girl needs reassurance, right?  So I asked the other night when we were watching "Dancing With the Stars".  He casually asked where Lacey Schwimmer was.  I thought this was odd, seeing as how he's uh...well...six.  What six year old boy avidly follows "Dancing with the Stars", let alone knows all the players?  I figured out it was because he thought she was pretty.  After assuring him it's okay for him to like girls and think they're pretty, I dropped the question...

Me:  Remember when you wanted to marry Mommy?

Q:  Ya

Me:  Do you still want to marry Mommy?

Q:  I don't know

Me:  What?  You don't know?  What don't you know?

Q:  Well....

Me:  Well what?

Q:  You might be ugly...

No comments:

Post a Comment