Monday, February 21, 2011

Life is Good




Thank you to Rain Drops over at http://thedoveandtheraven.blogspot.com/ who nominated me for the *Life is Good* blogger award.  It comes at a good time, I'd say...seeing as how life is really, really good right now.  You should really go and check out Rain Drops, because she offers such an interesting perspective as a single woman living in India.  I love each and every post that comes from her blog.  Of course, this comes with some rules/directions...
Here's how this award thing works:

1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.

2. Answer the 10 survey questions below.

3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.

4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.



10 Survey Questions

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?

Blog anonymously?  Uh...no.  Everything about my life is fair game.  I do, however, realize that while my life is an open book, not every one else's is, so if I'm talking about someone other than myself I use alias' (ie: Q, Mr. Ex, BFF, that sort of thing).  I'm very respectful of those whom desire privacy, even if I don't actually understand it.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.

My whole life is evidence to this.  Me DO Myself, I've been saying this since I was two.  I don't need your help, I don't a man, I am WOMAN, hear me roar.  Sometimes I wish I weren't so...

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

The zit on my chin, the eyebrows that need to be plucked, the matching moles on left and right, the small nose, the little chin, the roots.  And then I see some pretty blue eyes and a pleasant smile.  I see contentment.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Bellini

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Read a book, a fashion magazine, get a pedicure, blog, scrapbook.  Smile and think I'm pretty darn lucky!

6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

I think it would be rather awesome to get married one day.  Other than that, I'm good.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

Hahaha, I was the shy one.  Seriously was.  And the overachiever, although someone always overachieved just a little bit more than me.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?

Me screaming curse words at the top of my lungs as I pushed a 10lb 6oz baby out of my whoo hoo.  That moment and that baby boy changed everything in this world and made it infinitely better.

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

ME, ME, ME...

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I'm a multitasker.  I can read a book, talk on the phone and make dinner.  Although I'd prefer to read a book in bed under my duvet.

"Life is Good" Bloggers

Moo's Momma over at I Love You to the Moon Mommy - Another single momma in the midst of chaos, a  full time job, a beautiful little girl and a arse of an ex...sounds familiar, huh?

Melanie Sherman at Meanderings of Melanie Sherman - she found me early one and was my only follower that wasn't related to me, for a very very long time.  She encourages me, and she's a brilliant writer.  I'm her Canadian fan!

And really, I guess I have to follow/support a few more blogs that are little like me.  Most of the blogs I follow have 1200 + followers, so getting a little ol' award from little ol' me isn't probably as rewarding for them as it is for me.  So, these are my two this time around...

2 comments:

  1. I am super-dooper excited!!!! Thanks so much. I LOVE awards. I can barely wait to put this on my blog. Thank you, thank you and I think you are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie!! My number one (besides my mom, of course) fan!

    ReplyDelete