Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fashionista, baby!

In my humble opinion, the 80's was the absolute worst decade for fashion.  I'm no fashionista, but c'mon...I remember my first love...a pair of patent baby blue high tops.  I think I was 11.  They make me shudder now, but I was young and it was the 80's.  Much to my dismay, the 80's are coming back with a vengeance.  It's horrific.  I mean...look...
I don't know what to comment on first.  The flowers or the shoulder pads.  I'm pretty sure it's the shoulder pads that horrify me the most.  I don't understand why any woman would want to make any part of her body look bigger, even her shoulders.  Are you a football player?  No?  Then take the shoulder pads out.  It looks so much more feminine.  And the small flower print...um...old lady - not stylin'.  And sorry if I offended any little old ladies...

Again, with the shoulder pads...Ms. SJP...you look ridiculous (again, in my humble opinion...) but what gets me is this gold/silver stuff.  I like bling just as much as the next gal, but these ladies (okay, Selina Gomez aside) look like two-bit hookers.  You can afford skirts that look much better than shiny plastic.  Come on, ladies...step up.

Well, this is just allllll wrong...we have flower print, shoulder pads and socks with high heels.  I'm pretty sure these pics were all taken in California, where it's always warm so I don't think that their feet are cold (although girlfriend on the far right is also wearing a scarf...)  I think they just look stupid.  And what colour is Kelly Osbourne's hair?  I think it's silver.

Now, I will admit that there were a few "fads" that took a while for me to warm up to.  Now, I'm not so sure that I even really like them...I think it's moreso that I'm used to them.  They're familiar, they're comfortable, and...well, I guess marketing works...for me...anywhoooo.  I love the side braid.  I am actually wearing one right now, isn't that a coincidence!  But look how stylish and cute Ms. Alba looks.  She just looks so approachable.  Like...let's go to the beach, Jess.  Playdate!!!

Initially, I thought the oversized sunglasses made everyone look like bugs.  Then one day, something just clicked and I now have like a tonne way more than any girl needs.  But like I always say:  A girl needs options.  Who knows what I'll be in the mood for.  I just bought a pair of fluorescent pink ones.  Oh, I heart them so.  And hello practical!!  They completely keep the sun out...they're that big!!

Grey nail polish? I was like ummm, mud?  I saw it enough that I actually started to like it on other people.  Get this...I now love it on me.  It's cool, it's classy...it's awesome!!

I hated the gladiators.  Hated them.  I recently tried a whole bunch on, and while I think they're super cute, I just don't 'get' them on me.  I think that may be because I haven't found the perfect pair yet.  And you know what that means girls...an excuse to go...SHOE SHOPPING!!!  Even Q knows, a girl can never have too many shoes!  (oh, btw that's a direct quote...to his nana...man, I love that kid!!)  These ones I found on-line, and I'm thinking I may just have to make an on-line purchase (yay!!)  Aren't they fabulous?  Can you imagine the tan lines?!?!
p.s. yes, yes I am...I am a little worried that I knew the sames of all those celebs...

No comments:

Post a Comment