Saturday, July 25, 2009

Love, love, love it!

So, I thought I'd end the week (or start the weekend...) with some of my favourite things right now. *Sigh* I am such a consumer and a sucker for cute packaging - hmmmm... 1. I ran into the drug store to grab some chapstick today and OMG I found the cutest thing ever. I am loving this....BALMSHELL Lip Gloss. Crazy cool shades, all natural products, tastes and smells like cream soda. I picked 'Darling, You Look Fabulous'...because I just couldn't resist. And the coolest thing is the packaging...Check it out at http://www.balmshell.com/ and tell me you don't love it too! 2. My hairdresser, Chau. As a single mommy, I tend to be a DIY gal, but recently I decided to splurge and get my hair done. Out comes this little Asian man, wearing an apron fit for a bus boy. I gotta say, I kinda freaked out. He started picking random pieces of hair around my crown and slapping dye on it. It felt totally haphazard. Then he cut my hair in much the same way. I was fearing the outcome to say the least. The finished product....AMAZING. It's a masterpiece. I love it. And the best thing is the price. Cut, full colour, and hilights - $100. If you are EVER in Vancouver, go to Chau (778-571-1516) Tell him I sent you. He'll probably say "Who?" but whatever. YOU will have an amazing haircut! 3. Arbonne Clear Advantage. It's totally unfair that being in my early thirties, not only am I plagued with the fear of fine lines and wrinkles, but I also have to worry about acne. I've been an avid supporter of Proactive, using it religiously for the past year until my best friend gave me a sample of this stuff. I had never even heard of Arbonne but man, I am hooked. This stuff is amazing. It's like a mini-facial every day. It's made from all natural products- like Wild Pansy Extract and witch hazel. It is not tested on animals, and is developed in a Swiss laboratory (I know sounds so haute, huh!) I've been using it for a month now, and my skin is glowing! The greatest thing is that it doesn't dry my skin out like Proactive and it doesn't bleach my pillow cases and towels. So, if you're interested... http://www.trinar.myarbonne.ca/ Tell her I sent you -I'm pretty sure she'll know who you're talking about!

4. E-Bay!!!!!!! E-Bay fills every single one of my yearnings. First, there's the thrill of the hunt - finding what you want, anything you want - for cheap, cheap, cheap. Purses and shoes and dresses, oh my!! Next, the bid. Will you be the highest bidder? If you're competitive like me, your heart pounds, you bite your lip as you place your bid. When you win, this great little friend named Paypal pays for your purchase! I know, how nice is that! You almost forget Paypal is linked to your credit card, but that's a minor detail. Finally, a few days go by or maybe a week and then there is your gift (because by this time, you've totally forgotten that you've paid for it using credit) waiting for you in the mailbox. What could be more perfect than this! http://www.ebay.ca/, folks, it will change your life!! My fav purchases so far...Nike Shox for $30.00 US (Brand spanking new, and not knock-offs!!!!) and a Lululemon hoodie in PINK for $60.00 US (there was a spelling error on the tag - msde in China!!)

5. The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Absolutely my all time favourite book. A part of me died when the book ended. I love this book so much, I wish I had written it. wish I could have called it my own. It is the beautiful love story of Henry and Claire. I'm super stoked for the movie. I hope they do it justice. But definitely, READ THE BOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment