Thursday, May 26, 2011

Paxil Pink

Dude, it's no secret that me and Paxil are close, real close.  I've been an overly anxious person since I can remember and Paxil takes the edge off.  I had to make a decision early on - did I want to be one of those extreme neurotic mothers who ruin their offspring's childhood, or did I want Q to have as *normal* an upbringing as possible, given the fact that I'm a single mom and he gets passed around from mom to dad to babysitter to mom to dad to nana....etc, etc.  And don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm wandering around life in a medicated fog.  It just takes the edge off, just like a glass of wine in the evening.  I have feelings.  I feel...

Knowing that we're going to be in our new home for at least two years (we signed a lease...those things are impossible to break, right???)  I decided to make my bedroom a little oasis for myself.  I was going for shabby chic, but the end result turned out a little different than I had intended.  I'm still in love with it, regardless.

Anyways, take a look at this....

pretty pink pill

Now, look at this...

look, i even made my bed for you (sort of...)

I know, right?  I didn't even do it on purpose.  In fact, it reminded me of strawberry ice cream when I was painting.  Then one day, I looked around and realized my room was Paxil pink.  I'm sleeping inside a cocoon of anti-anxiety bliss.  I think this tops my list of 'Things I'd Rather Have than a Husband!!"  A pink room....no self respecting guy would sleep in this room.  And that's okay by me!


I searched high and low for a vanity.  Unfortunately, I think they've gone out of *style* because I couldn't find anything that a) fit my budget or b) looked anything like I had imagined.  So I made my own.  This was a really cheap alternative, a shelving unit from IKEA for under $50.  The mirror - super cool - lights up so I can see every single blemish and pore and hair on my chin...which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it.  The flowers were a Mother's day present from my momma (I know, how's that for a score, huh?  She buys me pressies on Mother's day...which really, she wouldn't be a mother without me, so it does kind of make sense that she should gift me...)


There are pops of fuchsia everywhere in my room, because I love fuchsia.  This room just sucks all stress from my being the minute I walk into it.  And that's been a God send this week, what with the angry uterus and the ultra-testosterone work environment I find myself in right now (which I cannot go into detail, for fear of actually losing my job...I'm that opinionated on the subject...)

Yes, my room is perfect.  Except for the pile of dirty clothes on the floor.  That really irks me.  I wonder when the maid is doing laundry this week?  She's really slacking on her duties.  Geesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment