Friday, January 28, 2011

Confessions

You know when you're afraid to admit something because it might jinx things?  Like when you say, "Wow, the boys haven't had one soccer game in the rain this season!!"  and then it rains for the next four Saturdays in a row?  Ya.  Or when you say, "I haven't had a zit in like forever," and then you wake up the next morning with a massive mo fo right in the middle of your forehead?

Co-incidences like that make us want to "knock on wood"  or not even utter such words to begin with.  I should admit that I'm a little hesitant to write this post at all, knowing that if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.  However, I really truly believe that this blog is all about putting myself out there and being honest with myself and you, my faithful followers.  I've thought an awful lot about it.  So, here goes....

I'm...



...happy.

I know.  You totally weren't expecting this at all, were you?

Everything in my life is really, really nice right now - with the exception of this bumper crop of acne my skin is harvesting right now.  I mean, seriously?  I'm 33, zits.  Let me be.  Let me settle in with the crows feet, laugh lines and growing wrinkles.  I don't need acne too.  I feel like I'm 13 again. Ooooohhhh, maybe it's all my *happiness* oozing from my pores...but I digress...

I'm happy.

Not in an annoying way, though. 

In a content way.

I'm super duper content.

This is what scares me the most to admit...

I like my job.  For the first time since I began working with mail, I actually like my job.  It's the perfect combination of stress (I thrive on work stress...time crunches, deadlines, quotas, etc), employee dynamics and company involvement.  I always fall in love with my employees, some more than others.  It's always so interesting getting to know a whole new group of people when you have no pretenses or expectations.  The influence of the company isn't as evident now that I no longer work in the mail plant.  Being away takes you away from the politics that tend to bog you down.  And we have a new CEO.  His name is Deepak Chopra, and I was totally stoked because I thought it was the meditation guru and we were going to start our mornings with the downward facing dog, but alas...there is more than one Deepak Chopra.  I guess it's a popular name in India.

I like the work/life balance that day shift allows.  It is so nice that I have evenings free, that I'm not exhausted all the time, that I have time to myself, and that I have oodles of time to spend with my little man.  It's so nice to have balance.  I've seen my one girlfriend three times in three weeks instead of once in three months.  It's so nice to have some girl time.  And at the end of the day, I come home to a wonderful home.  It's home. 

I still haven't figured out the whole sleep thing yet.  God gave me the gift of sleep.  Little known fact, I was a month late when I was born.  My poor momma says my due date was October 15 and I was born on November 17.  Isn't that horrible?  But, it just goes to show that I come by sleep honestly.  I was born with the gift of sleep.  I was sleeping through the night at one month old.  Unheard of, right?  I like to sleep.  Having a free evening is nice.  Spending it sleeping is silly.  I gotta get some balance. 

My life is complete and I am content.  I couldn't ask for more. 

Well, I could...but let's not get greedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment