Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wednesday Weigh In (week 4)

Is it Wednesday already? Really? Sigh...
Nothing. I've lost nothing (except maybe a bit of dignity...) The thing is, I've found a loophole in the whole "taking the stairs" plan. There is this new invention, I don't know if you've heard of it before, it's called an escalator. Get this, they're moving stairs. So, I can take the stairs without actually moving. If you haven't guessed it yet, my building has these new fanangled moving stairs and I've been using them. Often.
My relationship with food is different from most people. I mean, yes I eat when I'm bored. But most people eat when they're depressed, to fill a void. Not me. I eat when I'm happy. Right now, I'm super content with my life. So I eat yummy food. Like Chocolate. And Ice Cream. And Ice Cream with Chocolate on top. Mmmmm, Chocolate!
And I hate cooking. It seems like such a waste of time for me, so I avoid it as much as possible. Especially if it's just for me. Q is always so impressed when I do cook, "Mommy, this is actually good!!" he says, a little shocked, which - truth be told - I am as well. Eating also seems like a waste of time. The flaw in this plan is that I tend to eat "fast" food (a.k.a fat food). If someone out there could invent a pill for me to take that pops in my stomach into a 3 course meal with all the nutrients that I need to survive, I would take it. Gladly. And, I wouldn't take credit for the idea either. Oh sure, NASA has probably invented this, but if it's not on the shelf at Safeway, it doesn't do me much good, now does it?
Generally, eating never makes me feel good. I always feel bloated or pain or a combination of the two. Of course, the hypochondriac in me thinks I should go to the doctor about this. The realist in me thinks I just need to stop eating so much junk.
Stats:
Height: 5'5
Weight: 158 (ack. I actually gained)
Weight loss to date: oh, nevermind...

No comments:

Post a Comment