Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wednesday Weigh In (week 3)

Oooooh, that sounds so much better, don't you think? Way better than Monday weigh in. Totally. I think I'll stick with Wednesday Weigh In from now on. I weigh myself at work. We have these huge industrial scales that are used for weighing mail and they're calibrated all the time, so I figure that have to be accurate. I mean, our business depends on it. Well, that and the fact that I don't own a scale. This is purely for sanity purposes. If I had a scale at home, I would weigh myself all the time...ALL the time. I would be obsessed. Well, that and I'm too cheap to buy a good one. There are downsides to weighing myself at work (I know, go figure, right???) The absolute biggest being that I have to weigh myself in front of everyone. I usually saunter over to the scale, very nonchalant. I look around slowly, first to my right then to the left. If no one is watching, I quickly empty my pockets, step on the scale and quickly jump off. Then I take another peek around to make sure no one saw. Of course, if I've actually lost weight I let out a little squeal, so that always gives me away. And this next one probably goes without saying, but I will say it anyways...I have to weigh myself with clothes on. Obviously. I mean emptying my pockets is one thing. Stripping naked would probably get me fired. And I know I'd get caught fumbling with the eff'ing steel toed boots. Don't get me wrong, the thought has crossed my mind...but as a single mommy I need a pay check to oh I don't know...support my child. Call me crazy. Instead I've thought of a compromise. I take off 2 kilos for clothing, boots, attachments that cannot (or should not) be removed in public. Which brings me to problemo #3...Kilos. The scales are in kilos, so I have to then look around for a calculator to find out how much I really weigh. I mean, who thinks in kilos anyways? Not me, and I was taught in kilos. Pounds make so much more sense to me. To those of you who don't know, 1kg = 2.2lbs. Math was never my strong point, so a calculator is essential. Finally, I work afternoon shift. You're supposed to weigh yourself first thing in the morning. Before you eat (but after you pee!) So, my weight loss recording might not be 'accurate', but it's not like I'm entering my findings into a medical journal, so I think we're okay. My clothes are fitting a little looser, I feel lighter. Here are the stats... Height: 5'5 Weight: 157.3 Loss to Date: 5.5lbs Woooo Hooooo!!!!! At this rate, I will be skinny by December. Just in time to eat Christmas sugar cookies and turkey dinner and pumpkin spice latte's and pumpkin pie with whip cream...Anyways, the goal is this 132-135 by December 1. That's a steady 2 lbs per week, with the option to cheat at least once or twice. Will power is not my strong point, as we all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment