Saturday, August 8, 2009

Love, love, love it!!

What a day, what a day! Busy, busy and busy! It was a fabulous day, really, I'm pleased to say! Here's what I'm loving this week (and not necessarily in any order) 1. MAC Make-up (www.maccosmetics.com)
I wear this boring uniform every day, you know, with the dreadful steel toed boots...I think I've mentioned them before (a time or two.) And I like to be a girl, a girly girl, we've established that fact as well. If I can't wear fabulous clothes and gorgeous shoes, well...MAC make up is the next best thing. Their colours are just amazing. 2. My Brother's Dodge Ram I am crazy about this thing. My brother needed my car for the week (road trip with a little Kia Spectra is way more economical) Anyways, I am having a love affair with this truck. Granted, parking is the shits, it takes forever for me to park. And I park far, far away from everything just so I don't hit anything. But twin cab, 1/2 tonne, and get this...dude, it has a hemi! I really have no idea what that means, except it's got power. This truck is me. Tough exterior, powerful and confident, with a car seat in the back. Men dig this too! Cute girl driving a big truck, like a man-magnet. I'm loving it!!! 3. Fuchsia scarves (and fuchsia in general, really)

Isn't it gorgeous? I am loving fuchsia. To tie in #1, I actually have fuchsia pigment eye shadow. But, back to the scarf, fall is coming up and I cannot wait to wear my beautiful scarf. Fall can be kinda drab, but not with this scarf. It's hanging by the door, just waiting to be embraced. 4. Brennan Manning's book "the fierce longings of God"

Trust me, I'm not one to preach. But this book is beautifully written and has a wonderful message. I'm reading it right now. If you have ever thought about God, or a higher power, this would be such a great read for you. He talks about how loved we are by Him. And how can it be a bad thing? To be loved is wonderful. To be defined by His love is beyond words. St. Augustine said "Quia amasti me, fecisti me amabilem" or "In loving me, you made me lovable." I falter all the time, far less than perfect, but I am loved nonetheless. Just read the book. 5. Last but certainly not least, this cute bracelet by Brooklyn Thread http://etsy.com/

I am totally coveting this right now. It's just so cute and simple. I absolutely want one in every colour. Check out the blog too...Lifestyle Bohemia. Hope she doesn't mind the shout out!

No comments:

Post a Comment