Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh, the possibilites!!

One of the most wonderful things about being single - and I will be the first to admit that there are many, many wonderful things about being single - but my favourite is this: the excitement of knowing that today may be the day I meet "the one." You single gals know what I mean, right? The one who makes our hearts go pitter patter, the one who makes us smile for no reason, the one who loves us just as much as we love him. I wonder if I will know it right away. I wonder how it will happen. I wonder how and where we will meet. I wonder how long it will take before we realize that we are meant for one another. I hope I know to take in every single moment of the experience. I hope when I recall our first meeting that I am overcome with scents, colours, thoughts, words, expressions, feelings. Oh, I hope I don't let the moment pass me by. I hope it lasts forever. It's excitement, it's hope, it's FABULOUS!!! And a little bit of romanticism, but hey I'm a girl. I think it's innate in us to be romantics at heart. I mean, seriously, how many men do you know plan their wedding in their head from the time they're like 6? Okay, I know one, but that's another story for another day!! I was reminded of this hope as I was running to catch the train after work. I was skipping down the stairs and a handsome, mid-thirties man had bent down to tie his shoe, and I thought, "What if? Could this be him?" My thought was a whisper so it didn't jinx the moment. As it turns out, fate did not plan our meeting by mischievously untying this guy's shoe when he wasn't looking. But that just means that maybe it will happen tomorrow, or the next day, or the next. It doesn't matter really, does it? Because it will happen and I will be open to it. Here's your reminder to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment