Sunday, May 31, 2009

Random (grumpy) Thoughts

Get this. I was in Chapters today, looking for 2 books that they DID NOT have (ugh, super bummed, think I'm going to have to order them) and while perusing the aisles found a book holder. I kid you not. It holds your book for you so that you don't have to while you read it. Could we get any lazier? How difficult is it to hold a book? I admit I usually take the easy way out...last week I'm ashamed to say I bought cheese that had already been cut. It just seemed like a good idea at the time. But I draw the line at paying $19.99 for a plastic book holder. And it's Chapters....they have like every book under the sun except the one (two) I'm looking for. They have a stupid book holder evidently...but not the book. How helpful is that? I detest parents who speak very loudly to their kids in public. It's like they're not talking to their kids but to everyone else around them. Look at what a great parent I am. I'm interacting with my kid and I'm being nice to boot. No, you're just being loud and polluting my space with your loud, fake rantings. Shut up. And no, your kid does not need another donut, either. Irony. Finding what you've always wanted and all you've ever needed, only to know it's 1500km away and impossible. So close and yet so far away. Guess I should have been more specific when I threw the penny in the wishing well, when I wished upon a shooting star, when I blew the eyelash off my finger, when I ate the chip that was curled, when I blew out the candle on that kids cake the other day, and every other way I could have wished it. I even prayed about it. I am being taught extreme patience, trust, and loving on a level deeper than I have ever known. Still early in the journey, and I'm already frustrated. Someone out there is laughing, but it sure as hell isn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment